| 0 comments ]


Rob - Torontoslop

Gyoza King – When Josh first brought me here in 2004 it blew my mind. I had never been to an Izakaya before and it was something completely new and different. A few dishes that stand out. Chikua with melted cheese in the middle and the negitoro/nori wraps.

Ajisai – Matt and Josh brought me here a few years a go to taste some of the freshest sushi I have ever eaten. Tuna that melted in your mouth and the beef sukiyaki rolls were amazing.

Yuji’s – Another Izakaya that blew my mind. The tempura-battered spicy tuna maki and prosciutto, cream cheese and mango roll were taste explosions!

I could do this all day. It’s hard to pick a favourite but I’ve been to these spots numerous times and they always come through.

Side Note – I would kill for a Japadog, and the tomatoes from “Stoney Paradise Farms BC” that come to the Granville Island farmers market from Aug-Oct.

0 comments

Post a Comment